Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken


Ok, so I realized that I have been a little MIA lately when it comes to the blog world.  I don't know what happened.  I have to be honest, I miss it!  A friend of mine texted me today and told me I need to update my blog... so ok!  Here it is Erika!  You will love this one :) 

This chicken is amazing!  I never imagined I could make sweet and sour chicken that tasted this good at home.  I discovered the recipe on pinterest (of course)! And here is the blog where it originated.  Follow along and I'll show you how to make it!





Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
1 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup canola oil
3/4 cup sugar
4 tbsp ketchup
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp garlic salt

Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Cube your chicken and sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
 Dip the chicken into the cornstarch.
 Next, dip chicken into the egg.
 Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet and cook the chicken until browned but not cooked through. 
 Place the chicken in a 9x13 greased baking dish.  Whisk together the sugar, ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce and garlic salt.  Pour mixture over the chicken. Bake in the oven for 1 hour but stir the chicken every 15 minutes.
 Now enjoy your delicious chicken!  This is great served with fried rice. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...