Monday, March 5, 2012

Tex-Mex Turkey Wraps

So, I realized today that it's been a while since I've posted a new recipe.  I love updating my blog regularly and I have gotten behind with school work:(  But since I have a little extra time right now (since my school's website is down and I can't look up my assignment), I decided to sit down and make a post!  Yay!  

I have been waiting to post this one for a while now.  I have made this several times and I love the flavor plus the low fat from using lean cuts of turkey!  And of course, it's done in the crock pot, which I love, so it's super easy to make!

Follow along to see what you need for these tasty wraps:

Tex-Mex Turkey Wraps
*Recipe from Betty Crocker
2 lbs turkey breast tenderloins
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
1/3 cup water
2 envelopes (1 1/4 ounces each) taco seasoning mix
16 flour tortillas (8-10 inches in diameter)
2 cups bite-size pieces lettuce
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 ounces)

Place turkey in 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker.  Sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper.  Add onion and water.

 Cover and cook on low heat setting 6 to 7 hours or until juice of turkey is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
 Remove turkey from slow cooker.  Shred turkey, using 2 forks.  
 Measure liquid from slow cooker; add enough water to liquid to measure 2 cups total.  Mix seasoning mixes (dry) into liquid mixture in slow cooker.  
 Stir in shredded turkey.  Cover and cook an additional 1 hour on low heat setting.
 Spoon about 1/4 cup turkey onto center of each tortilla; top with lettuce and cheese.  Roll up tortillas. Makes about 16 wraps.
Nutritional Info- 1 wrap: Calories 260 (calories from fat 70); Fat 8g (Saturate fat 4g); Cholesterol 50mg; Sodium 540mg; Carbohydrates 28g (dietary fiber 2g); Protein 22g.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...