Friday, March 9, 2012

Cinnamon Rolls

I am cinnamon roll obsessed! I only allow myself to make these when I plan on having company or can take some to a friend or neighbor, otherwise I will eat half the batch all by myself.  They are that good!  I've seen this recipe in other places referred to as "Clone of a Cinnabon", and it's been a while since I've had an official Cinnabon... but these must be close.

This recipe uses a bread machine, although you could knead the dough with a stand mixer and do the first rise in a large bowl if you do not have a bread machine.

Follow along and I'll show you how to make these AMAZING cinnamon rolls:


Recipe from Allrecipes.com
Makes 12 Rolls
The Dough
1 cup warm milk
2 eggs
1/3 cup margarine
4 1/2 cups bread flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons yeast

The Filling
1 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 Tablespoons cinnamon
1/3 cup butter, softened
Raisins (optional)

The Frosting
1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt

For the dough, add all dough ingredients to the bread machine in the order listed.  Run dough cycle on machine.
When dough cycle is done, remove from machine.
Turn dough on lightly floured surface, place in a bowl, cover and let rest 10 minutes.  Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix the brown sugar and cinnamon for the topping.  Place aside. 
Roll dough into a rectangle (getting it stretched as far as possible), spread dough with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon mixture.  If desired, top with raisins.  Roll up dough and slice into 12 rolls.
Place in a lightly greased 9x13 pan and let rise 30 minutes.
Bake at 400 degrees F about 12-15 minutes or until golden brown on top.
In a bowl, mix all the frosting ingredients (cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt). 
Spread frosting on warm rolls and serve!  I like to store leftovers in the fridge to keep the frosting fresh, although I have left them on the counter for several days and I don't believe the frosting goes bad, even with the cream cheese.  It is preserved by the powdered sugar, but I would eat within a day or two or store extras in the fridge for long term freshness.
Enjoy!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...