Tuesday, February 7, 2012

White Chili Soup

So, since I am currently working on my nursing degree and taking care of a home, two children, a dog AND of course the husband... I find myself falling more in love with my crock pot than ever before.  I love being able to throw everything in the crock pot in the morning, and when I get home from school dinner is ready!  It's awesome.  My family can live off of more than Ramen noodles!  They appreciate it too.  

So if you are looking for something you can do easily in the crock pot that tastes great, give this one a shot.  Follow along and I'll show you how to make it:


Makes 6 Servings
Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 8 to 10 hours

White Chili Soup
*Recipe from Better Home and Gardens
3 15- to 15 1/2-ounce cans Great Northern, pinto, or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
2 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 cup chopped onion (1 large)
1 1/2 cups chopped red, green, and/or yellow sweet pepper (2 medium)
2 fresh jalapeno chile peppers, seeded and chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
3 1/2 cups chicken broth
Shredded Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
Broken tortilla chips (optional)

In a 3 1/2 or 4-quart crockery cooker combine the drained beans, chicken, onion, sweet pepper, jalapeno peppers, garlic, cumin, salt, and oregano.  Stir in chicken broth.  Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting 4 to 5 hours.  
Ladle into bowls.  If desired, top each serving with some of the cheese and tortilla chips.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...