Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pot Roast (Crock Pot)

I've been making this pot roast for several years now and I love it every time.  This is so incredibly easy to make.  Anyone can do it.  Seriously, anyone. Even my husband could manage this one.  Plus, there are only 5 ingredients and the crock pot does all the work.  

If you've kept up with past posts, you know how much I love my crock pot and any meal that cooks itself while I'm away, and the family is well fed at the end of the day!  Bonus!

Follow along and I'll show how to make this super easy and delicious crock pot-pot roast:


Pot Roast
2 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 pouch Onion Soup Mix
12 small red potatoes, halved (I've also used russet potatoes)
12 medium carrots, cut up (or just use baby carrots)
3 - 3 1/2 pound boneless beef chuck roast (or whatever roast you prefer, I've used round bone and 7 bone roasts as well)
*Plus olive oil for browning

In a small bowl, combine the onion soup mix and cream of mushroom soup.
Add potatoes and carrots to the crock pot.
Stir soup mixture into the veggies in the crock pot.
In a large pan or skillet, brown both sides of the roast in a small amount of olive oil. This step is optional but helps to sear in the juices and gives the roast a nice edge.
Add the roast to the crock pot and turn once to cover both sides with the sauce.
Cover and cook on low temperature for 8-9 hours or high temperature for 4-5 hours.  Enjoy!  This is perfect served with a side salad and bread.  Nothing else is needed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...