Monday, October 3, 2011

Macaroni Salad

Picnic, potluck, BBQ, family get-together; it's easy to make and goes with so many meals.  This is my go-to pasta salad when bringing a dish to a get-together or making something quickly at home.  Here's all you need:

Macaroni Salad
*16 oz bag Elbow Macaroni
*1 Can Black Olives (6oz dry weight), quartered
*1 Cup Pickles, diced
*1 Cup Diced Cheddar Cheese
*1 Cup Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip (or I do half of each)
*2 Tablespoons Mustard
*4 Tablespoons Pickle Juice
*Salt and Pepper to taste

I prefer Mayonnaise and my husband prefers Miracle Whip, so I use half of each and I really like the way it tastes when mixing the two, but if you have a favorite you can just pick one.  Start a pot of salted water to boil and cook the macaroni to "al dente", drain and rinse with cold water until no longer warm.
 Chop your olives, pickles and cheese.
 Pour cooled pasta into a large bowl and mix with the pickles, olives and cheese.
 Add the Mayonnaise or Miracle whip, and the mustard, pickle juice, salt and pepper. Mix well.
 Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
 Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...