Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Berry Smoothies and Edamame

When my 7 year old gets home from school she always seems to be starving!  Plus her 4 year old brother is usually due for a snack to hold him over until dinner.  We make smoothies and edamame for snacks all the time!  My kids have so much fun popping the soy beans out to eat them and it's so healthy for them!  Plus its an antioxidant! I just buy the edamame from the frozen section at Costco.  It's so good and it comes in individual serving bags that you just microwave for a few minutes.  Just sprinkle with a little salt and it's ready to eat.  For the smoothies, I just use whatever's in the fridge and fruit bowl at the time.  Here's how I made the tasty smoothies today:

Berry Smoothie
1 1/2 Bananas
About 5 or 6 Strawberries (plus some for garnishing if you wish)
About 1/2 cup frozen Blueberries
1 6oz container yogurt (we used strawberry yogurt this time)
A few splashes of Cranberry Juice (probably about a cup)


Blend all ingredients together and enjoy!  This made 3 small cup smoothies, for my kids and me of course!  Yummy! And now the kids will be full until dinner :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...